Family of the Year
The Texas State University Family of the Year recognition program celebrates and honors families who support current Texas State students.
This annual award celebrates and honors families who support current Texas State students. Family is defined as a group of adults responsible for providing primary support to a current TXST student. This can include parents, guardians, sponsors, grandparents, or other legal or blood related family members. Families which receive the Family of the Year distinction are invited to be recognized during Family Weekend events.
- All nominations must be submitted by a current Texas State student.
- Nominating student must be a currently enrolled student in good academic standing.
- Families who currently serve on the Parent and Family Advisory Council will not be considered during their tenure on the council.
- Nomination applications must be received by Thursday, September 21.
- Nominations for the Family of the Year are reviewed by a committee of Texas State University staff members and Parent and Family Advisory Council members.
- Constituents who review those nominations utilize a rubric to score the nominations. Nominations are evaluated with names redacted.
Award RecognitionThe awarded family will:
- Receive a Texas State Bobcat themed gift for the family
- Receive complimentary tickets to Family Weekend experiences of their choice, including the Texas State Football game
- Participate as a whole family in an on-field recognition experience during the Texas State Football game